Axis Direct was incorporated in 2005 and it is a part of Axis Bank Ltd, a leading private bank in India. Axis Securities is a full-service broker along with Angel Broking, ICICI Direct, HDFC Securities, etc that offering stockbroking services and distribution of financial products to retail customers in India through its AxisDirect brand. AxisDirect is among the top stock brokers in India with over 0.5 million active clients.
Axis Direct Review
AxisDirect provides a facility for investment in Equities, Mutual Fund, SIP, IPO, Derivatives, Bond, NCD, ETF, and Company Fixed Deposits. Axis Sec also offers Home Loans, Auto Loans, Personal Loans, Loan against Property, Loan against Shares and Loans for SME, Credit and Prepaid Cards to retail customers.
AxisDirect offers a 3-in-1 account similar to ICICIdirect, HDFC Sec and Kotak Securities an integrated Trading, Demat and Bank account. This account provides a seamless transaction ability of money and shares between the 3 accounts. It simplifies trading for the customers especially beginners and casual traders due to smooth transactions between accounts.
Axis Direct [email protected] plan is a discount brokerage plan to compete with discount brokers. The customer pays flat fee brokerage of ₹20 per executed order for online Equity and Equity Derivatives trading. A trader should note that a quarterly balance of ₹75,000 is required in the linked Axis Bank account to avail of this plan. The broker-assisted trades (i.e. call & trade) cost extra for Rs 20 per order.
AxisDirect’s Trading Platforms
Axis Securities offer multiple trading platforms based on customers investment style and requirements.
It is a Desktop trading application that has advanced charting, auto-refreshing order/trade/position books and high-frequency updates of the market rate. This trading terminal is suitable for high-frequency traders and investors.
The DirectTrade Terminal also offers live streaming quotes, Fully Customisable Multiple Market Watch and Quick access to order placement and reports to its customers.
The DirectTrade is available at an additional cost of Rs 2999 per year to its clients.
A Java applet-based light-weight trading platform that offers the functionality of a trading terminal in a web browser.
AxisDirect Mobile trading App allows customers to trade in Equity and Derivatives segments through your smartphone.
AxisDirect Lite is low bandwidth, a user-friendly trading platform that allows customers to trade in Equities and Derivatives even on a slower internet connection from their devices.
Axis Direct Brokerage Charges 2019
Axis Direct Account Opening Charges
|3-in-1 Account Opening Charges||₹999|
|Demat Account Opening Charges||₹0|
|Demat Account AMC||₹650 per year (free for 1st year)|
Axis Direct offers 2 types of brokerage plans
- Fixed Brokerage Plan
- [email protected] Plan
Axis Default Fixed Brokerage Plan
In this plan, the brokerage is charged in % of the transaction. This plan is suitable for casual stock market investors and beginners. The brokerage charged in this plan is as below:
|Trading Segment||Brokerage Charges|
|Equity Delivery||0.50% (Each Leg)|
|Equity Intraday||0.05% (Each Leg)|
|Equity Future||0.05% (Each Leg)|
|Equity Options||Intraday: ₹0.01 per lot | Carry Forward: ₹10 per lot|
|Currency Futures||0.05% (Each Leg)|
|Currency Options||Intraday: ₹0.01 per lot | Carry Forward: ₹10 per lot|
|Commodity Futures||0.03% (Each Leg)|
|Commodity Options||₹50 per lot|
Axis [email protected] Brokerage Plan
|Trading Segment||Brokerage Charges|
|Equity Delivery||₹20 per executed order|
|Equity Intraday||₹20 per executed order|
|Equity Future||₹20 per executed order|
|Equity Options||₹20 per executed order|
|Currency Futures||Not Applicable|
|Currency Options||Not Applicable|
|Commodity Futures||Not Applicable|
|Commodity Options||Not Applicable|
Axis Direct Other Brokerage Charges (Hidden Fees)
|Axis Direct Minimum Brokerage||₹20 per trade|
|Call & Trade Service||₹20 per call|
|Brokerage Plan Modification Charge||₹500 per quarter|
|[email protected] Plan maintenance charges for Non-Axis Bank customers||₹250 per month|
|Payment Gateway Charges (For Non-Axis Bank Customers)||₹9 per transfer|
Axis Direct Pros and Cons
- Axis Direct offers a 3-in-1 account that includes Bank, Demat and Trading Account. This makes trading and investing very easy due to the smooth transactions between the accounts.
- The [email protected] plan offers to trade at a flat rate of Rs 20 per trade that is among the lowest brokerage in full-service stockbrokers. But it requires Rs 75000 Average quarterly balance in the linked bank account.
- Axis Direct offers a large number of products to trade and invests under one single brand/website.
- Axis Direct offers research reports to its customers for free.
- Axis Direct offers classroom sessions, webinars, Online Tutorials and Articles by Experts to help beginners understand the basics of trading and investing.
- The [email protected] plan requires Rs 75000 Average quarterly balance in linked Axis bank account that is huge for beginners.
- The [email protected] plan is not available for currency and commodity trading to its customers.
- The [email protected] plan is available for non-Axis bank customers at Rs 250 per month fee that is an additional burden for not Axis customers.
- If the Average quarterly balance requirement not maintained, a trading plan is changed automatically and Rs 500 is charged towards change in plan.
- Very high brokerage charges if you do not take the [email protected] plan.
Axis Direct Exposure Margin
AxisDirect leverage for intraday trading, delivery, options trading, currency and commodities.
|Equity Delivery||100% (1x)|
|Equity Intraday||Upto 10x|
|Equity Future||100% (1x)|
|Equity Options||100% (1x)|
|Currency Future||100% (1x)|
|Currency Options||100% (1x)|
|Commodity Options||100% (1x)|
The broker offer greate brokerage at Rs. 20 per excuted order as full service broker. Axis Direct offers great trading platforms that includes websites, terminals and Stock Trading Apps that makes it easy to use platform.