HDFC Securities (HDFCsec) is Equity Trading Company brought by HDFC Bank. HDFC Securities provide online trading via its web & application platforms as well as trading on the phone.
HDFC Securities Review
The HDFC Securities trading account also offers a 3-in-1 account like ICICIdirect that integrates your HDFC Securities trading account with your existing HDFC bank savings account and existing Demat account. Funds/shares are seamlessly moved between the linked Demat/Bank accounts to execute the transactions.
HDFCsec offers Cash-n-Carry on both NSE and BSE, Day trading on both NSE and BSE, Trade on Futures & Options on the NSE and also provides online IPO Investment.
HDFC Securities Online trading features
- Seamless Transactions – By integrating your accounts, the broker ensures minimal waste of time during the movement of your funds and shares.
- Speed – Orders are placed & executed electronically, so assets & funds are available instantly.
- No manipulation – To prevent any mismanagement, the broker will send you an email confirmation, the minute your order is executed.
- Safety and Security – HDFC Securities provides the highest level of security for online trades such as 128-bit encryption technology.
- The broker provides Dedicated and Separate contact numbers for trading over the phone as well as for customer care.
Trade Offering by HDFC Securities
HDFC Securities offers to trade on both BSE and NSE via its trading platforms.
HDFC 3-in-1 Account
HDFC Bank’s 3-in-1 Account provides seamless investment opportunities for its customers. This account is a combination of a bank account, a trading account and a Demat account. All these accounts are integrated together and operate seamlessly as 1 account.
When a trader/investor buys a stock, the money is withdrawn from the bank account and shares are deposited in his/her Demat account. In the same way, when shares are sold by a customer using the trading account, the shares are withdrawn from the Demat account and money gets deposited in the HDFC Bank account.
HDFC Securities’s Trading Platforms
HDFC Sec provides multiple investment platforms to its customers. These trading platforms are easy to use for beginners as well as for experienced investors. The broker’s trading software includes an install-able trading terminal, browser-based trading website, and mobile trading app.
HDFC Securities Brokerage Charges
HDFC Sec charges an account Opening Fee of ₹ 999/- that includes trading account, bank account and DP account.
Note: For HDFC Bank savings account minimum balance (Average Quarterly Balance) of ₹10,000 (Metro / Urban) or ₹5000 (Semi-Urban / Rural) is required to avoid account penalty fee. If you already have HDFC Saving Bank account or DP account, you could link them with the trading account.
Equity Segment Brokerage Charges
|Delivery Based Trades||Resident Indians – 0.50% or min ₹25 or ceiling of 2.5% on transaction value (Both Buy & Sell) For NRI’s – 0.75% or min ₹100 or ceiling of 2.5% on transaction value (Both Buy & Sell)|
|Square-Off Trades Cash & Carry Scrips||0.10% or min ₹25 or ceiling of 2.5% on transaction value (Both Buy & Sell)|
|Square-Off Trades Margin Scrips||0.05% or min ₹25 or ceiling of 2.5% on transaction value (Both Buy & Sell)|
Derivatives (Future Segment)
|Non-Square Off (Carry Forward) Trades||0.05% or min ₹25 or ceiling of 2.5% of the transaction value (Both Buy & Sell)|
|Square-Off Trades||0.025% or min ₹25 or ceiling of 2.5% of the transaction value (Both Buy & Sell)|
Derivatives (Option Segment)
|Brokerage||Higher of 1% of the premium amount or ₹100 per lot (Both Buy & Sell)|
How to open an account with HDFC Securities Ltd?
For Online Stock Trading with HDFC, investor/trader needs to open 3 accounts that include HDFC Bank Account, HDFC Trading Account, and HDFC Demat Account. If you have a bank account with HDFC then opening a trading account with HDFC is easy. You could use one of the following methods to open an account with HDFC:
- Visit their website (hdfcsec.com) and fill the “Open Trading A/C” form.
- Call HDFC and inform them that you are interested in opening a trading account with them.
In both the cases HDFC representative contact you in a day or two and briefs you about all the procedures to open the account. They usually send their representative to your home/address to collect documents, signatures and show demo, if required.
Document Required to open an account with HDFCsec
Any Indian resident/nonresident individual NRI (except for the US NRIs) or an Indian Corporate can open an account with HDFCsec. Following documents are required to open an account with HDFCsec:
- One passport size photograph.
- Copy of PAN card.
- Identity proof – a copy of passport or PAN card or voter ID or driving license or ration card or Aadhar Card.
- Address proof – a copy of driving license or passport or ration card or voter card or telephone bill or electricity bill or bank account statement.
HDFC Securities Pros and Cons
HDFC Securities Advantages
- Integrated 3-in-1 account (banking, broking, and Demat accounts) is available just like ICICIdirect. This makes HDFC an extremely convenient trading platform among its competitors.
- Investment online in IPOs, Mutual Funds, GOI Bonds, Insurance and Postal Savings Schemes all are available on one website.
- Trading is available on both BSE and NSE from on portal.
- Excellent trading platform for beginners as well as experienced traders/investors.
HDFC Securities Disadvantages
- HDFC Sec brokerage fee is very high and not negotiable.
- HDFC doesn’t offer commodity trading on its portal. You also can’t trade at MCX or NCDEX through HDFC.
- In the 3-in-1 account, the Demat Account has to be opened with HDFC Bank Ltd as the Depository Participant (DP) and the Bank Account has to be opened with HDFC Bank as the Banker to use their platform.
- HDFC minimum brokerage charge is ₹25 per trade that is very high. The most discount brokers don’t ask for a minimum brokerage.
- HDFC charges flat ₹0.05 per share brokerage on stocks quoting up to ₹10 that makes it very difficult to trade on penny stocks.
HDFC Securities Exposure Margin
HDFC Securities leverage for intraday, delivery, options, currency and commodities segment.
|Equity Delivery||2x with Intrest|
|Equity Intraday||Upto 20x|